Search DEV and ARK

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"Songs of the Moment" by POP

Hi there! I'm Pop, the resident pop star of the Dev and Ark apartment. The brothers invited me to post a few songs I find cool at the moment, and that's exactly what I'll do.

Check 'em out. I hope you enjoy them as well.

1. "Cool For the Summer" by Demi Lovato


Since we're talking about cool songs, might as well include one that literally has the word 'cool' in its title. This song is really catchy, and the lyrics are very suggestive. Not to mention that Demi Lovato was really sexy in this music video. She's not just sexy though, she's also aggressive and fierce.

2. "Cheerleader" by OMI


The last time I checked, this song is Billboard's number one. It's getting a lot of hate for the autotuned vocals, but I think it is a fun, simple, and refreshing song. It steers clear of the usual drugs, sex, and money theme of pop music. Instead, it goes for straight admiration of the singer's 'cheerleader.' It deserves the spot.

3. "Style" by Taylor Swift


This next song really relaxes me. I don't know how, but maybe it's the catchy chorus that I can't help but sing along to. In my opinion, it explores the dark side of every relationship, wherein things aren't always as bright and shiny as it's supposed to be. Instead, it struggles through that darkness and somehow survives, and never goes out of style.

4. "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane


This one is really deep and meaningful. I like the Glee version of this song too. It's all about realizing your missing pieces, and finding them with the help of someone who is just as broken as you are. In the end, everyone is broken somehow, but you will always find comfort in going to that special place with your special someone.

5. "Hey Mama" by Zedd feat. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha and Afrojack


The part that I like most about this song is the chorus. 'Nuff said.


No comments:

Post a Comment